Audi MMI Controls Multi-function steering wheel
Applies to vehicles: with multi-function steering wheel
You can use the multi-function steering wheel to operate a number of MMI functions and the driver information system, adjust the volume and switch the speech dialogue system* on/off.
Important: The ignition and the MMI system must be switched on Link.
-1- How to use the driver information system
The driver information system shows information -B- in several display tabs -A-.
- To switch between tabs: Press the left/right side of the button.
- To select a function: Scroll the left thumbwheel to the desired function.
- To confirm your selection: Press the left thumbwheel.
- To scroll through lists rapidly: Scroll the left thumbwheel quickly.
- To open/leave a submenu: Press the button.
The equipment installed on your vehicle determines which of the following tabs are available:
-2- Steering wheel button
- To call up the assigned function: Press the button on the multi-function steering wheel.
- To change the assigned function: On the MMI, select MENU button > Car > control button Car systems* > Vehicle settings > Steering wheel button.
-3- Adjusting the volume
You can adjust the volume of an audio source or system message (e.g. from the speech dialogue system*) while it is being played.
- Volume up/down: Scroll the right thumbwheel up/down.
- Mute/pause: Scroll the right thumbwheel down. Or: Press the right thumbwheel.
- Unmute/resume: Scroll the right thumbwheel upwards. Or: Press the right thumbwheel.
-4- Switching the speech dialogue system* on/off
- To switch on: Briefly press the button on the multi-function steering wheel. Give a spoken command after the beep signal.
- To switch off: Press and hold the button for several seconds. Or: Say the command CANCEL.
For more information about the speech dialogue system, refer to Link.
-5- Navigation cue during active route guidance*
- To have the last navigation cue repeated: Press the button.
- To adjust the volume of the navigation cues: Scroll the right thumbwheel up/down while a navigation cue is being played.
1) The second tab is only visible if one or more warning/indicator lamps or driver messages are displayed or if the relevant system is switched on.