Audi MMI Entertainment Listening to the radio
Select: RADIO button > control button Settings.
Depending on the waveband setting (FM, MW, LW or DAB*), you can select the following functions:
Traffic programme (TP)*1)
Traffic announcements can be received via FM and played by the system irrespective of the selected waveband. In the DAB waveband, traffic information received from the FM waveband is used. If the TP symbol -11- Fig. 1 is displayed, this indicates that the traffic programme is switched on.
||The traffic programme function is switched on. Traffic news stations can be received and traffic announcements will cut in.|
||The traffic programme function is switched on. No traffic news station can be received. No traffic announcements will cut in.|
||The traffic programme function is switched off.|
You can call up stored traffic announcements via the TP memo Link function.
Switch regional stations (FM)1)
Important: The Alternative frequency function must be switched on.
Some FM stations split up their transmission and provide different regions with regional programmes with differing content. When the function is on , the system switches to alternative region-specific frequencies.
Station names (FM)
- scrolling: Scroll texts transmitted by FM stations will appear on the MMI display.
- fixed: Scroll texts transmitted by FM stations will not appear in the MMI display. The current scroll text on the display will freeze.
Station sorting (FM)1)
- A-Z: The stations are displayed in the station list in alphabetical order. Radio stations with variable station names are displayed after the alphabetical list; radio stations without station names appear at the end of the list.
- ID: The stations in the station list are sorted according to the station's ID (e.g. all BBC radio stations are sorted together). Radio stations without station names are displayed at the end of the list.
Delete stored stations
Important: A station must be stored in the memory list Link.
You can delete stored channels Individually or All at once.
Alternative frequency (FM, DAB*)
- on: The tuner attempts to switch to an alternative frequency of the current station when the reception quality becomes weaker. When the reception is lost in the DAB* waveband, the system will automatically switch to an alternative station in the FM waveband, if there is one available.
- off: The tuner will not switch to alternative frequencies in the FM waveband. The current frequency will be maintained, and in some cases may no longer be received. The Alternative frequency function is automatically switched on again when the station is changed. When the DAB waveband is set, the tuner will not switch to alternative stations in the FM waveband.
L band (DAB)*
There are two wavebands for the digital radio: Band III and L band. Ensembles in the band III usually have a larger range extending into several regions. They can be received at all times. In some regions DAB is broadcast in the L band. When this option is on, stations from the L band will also be received.
If the Traffic programme function is switched on, playback is interrupted for announcements. You can cancel an announcement while it is being played by briefly pressing the ON/OFF button.
1) Not available in the Mexican market